Site Meter

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Ever wondered how fragile life is?

Just read a disturbing article and it made me think a lot. Another inspiration for a post.

"Germany reported the first known case in Europe of H5N1 bird flu infecting a cat, a worrying new development as the virus sweeps past protective measures in large swathes of the world. "

"Experts fear that H5N1, which has killed more than 90 people since 2003, may mutate into a form that can pass between humans, launching a pandemic that could kill millions. "

"..Some 40 countries have now been hit by the H5N1 strain."

Its quite alarming to realise how close this danger is to us. I don't think we're talking about years here, it's probably a matter of months and days before the media has no choice but to report how serious this bird flu crap is going to affect all of us. Have u ever wondered how the media might be reporting about this in a mild manner, probably so as not to alarm everybody or defame any government or dampen the global economies. I always have the impression that news reports are churned out only when the reality is too obvious to be hidden or when a disaster is almost knocking on the door. Anyway it's just some random thoughts...

Whatever it is, I just feel that it can be quite sad if people around the world are unaware of this calamity (that's in fact almost certain to take place) and lose their lives not fulfilling what they've always wished to do. I think it's natural for all of us to rid ourselves of additional worry and by hoping the bird flu will somehow or rather be stopped miraculously. Unfortunately, most of us know it's a superficial assumption and viruses evolve for survival and not die overnight.

So somehow after reading these news reports, it made me realise how we shouldn't think that we all have at least 65 years of life granted to us. It's time we(I) start to live each day without regrets and fulfill all wishes and hopes that we(I) may have.

Life's fragile, stop procrastinating and live life (no matter how long) to the fullest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home