Has it been a million years?
Nice job for the lecturer teaching heat transfer earlier. Incomprehensible and it was made worse by his illegible-from-far writings on all his transparencies. I dont understand why doesnt he realise anything wrong from all the lost faces in the LT.
I can't really remember when my last post was, without looking at my archives. I only know that it stopped somewhere during the holidays. During that time, I was still a part of NUS ODAC, involved in planning and participating in one activity after another, and having lots of fun. OAC, RACE 4, Gunung Tahan, diving etc. And had a really nice family trip to Russia too; all the stalinist style buildings, red square, orthodox churches and cathedrals, flea markets - now etched as beautiful memories to keep.
So what's different in this new semester? Ok it's not really "new" now considering the midterm break had gone past since 2 weeks ago. But it still seems "new" as the sem started off in a rush and it wasnt long ago that I realised that the sem has already started(and I need to kick myself in the butt to wake up my idea.)
Hm somehow at this particular time, just before heading down to Bugis for my lesson at 8, found myself having the mood to blog again. In a mood for a recap of stuff I've been busy with in this sem.
First of all, haha it's being a monkey at Munchie Monkey cafe. In case anyone happens to be thinking on the wrong track, all of us working at MM are just somehow mischievously called 'monkeys' for fun. Anyway, it's enjoyable working at MM.. learning everything from scratch: how to recognise all the food, the table arrangement, where everything is, what is there to be done, how to stack plates on hands to look damn pro, yeah and how to look pro when its my first f&b experience. Made many friends in MM and they're a great bunch of people i must say. And sometimes, there's free food too. Note: Free food is never enough, so more wrong orders are always good haha.
I also took up 2 tuition assignments this sem - one with two sec1 korean boys introduced by my cousin who's been teaching them english, another with a pasir ris sec1 boy. It's a good thing they're sec 1. Not much stress teaching them.. EXCEPT occasionally some english words that I come across while teaching english are damn chim. Damn chim. I never saw such words when I was in sec1. That was in 1996 by the way.
I've no CCAs this sem. There was reluctance leaving ODAC after 1 year. But there's no choice, since I'll be going for SEP next sem.. and i'm really really looking forward to it. Can't wait to get out of the NUS semester-holiday-semester cycle.. so now it's going to be semester1-then holiday-then ANOTHER long holiday-then holiday-then semester1 again hahaha.
Also helped Sab and worked at Starlight Cinema as a helper recently. Made nice friends working there too. Though there's Lots of work to be done at the Padang daily for a total of about 10 days, it was another new experience and new experiences are always enjoyable.
Shit this is sounding very much like an essay... too much english tuition recently i think. Hope his english exam went well man.. hope he'll Pass. Don't wanna know that all my OT went to waste hahaha.
I can't really remember when my last post was, without looking at my archives. I only know that it stopped somewhere during the holidays. During that time, I was still a part of NUS ODAC, involved in planning and participating in one activity after another, and having lots of fun. OAC, RACE 4, Gunung Tahan, diving etc. And had a really nice family trip to Russia too; all the stalinist style buildings, red square, orthodox churches and cathedrals, flea markets - now etched as beautiful memories to keep.
So what's different in this new semester? Ok it's not really "new" now considering the midterm break had gone past since 2 weeks ago. But it still seems "new" as the sem started off in a rush and it wasnt long ago that I realised that the sem has already started(and I need to kick myself in the butt to wake up my idea.)
Hm somehow at this particular time, just before heading down to Bugis for my lesson at 8, found myself having the mood to blog again. In a mood for a recap of stuff I've been busy with in this sem.
First of all, haha it's being a monkey at Munchie Monkey cafe. In case anyone happens to be thinking on the wrong track, all of us working at MM are just somehow mischievously called 'monkeys' for fun. Anyway, it's enjoyable working at MM.. learning everything from scratch: how to recognise all the food, the table arrangement, where everything is, what is there to be done, how to stack plates on hands to look damn pro, yeah and how to look pro when its my first f&b experience. Made many friends in MM and they're a great bunch of people i must say. And sometimes, there's free food too. Note: Free food is never enough, so more wrong orders are always good haha.
I also took up 2 tuition assignments this sem - one with two sec1 korean boys introduced by my cousin who's been teaching them english, another with a pasir ris sec1 boy. It's a good thing they're sec 1. Not much stress teaching them.. EXCEPT occasionally some english words that I come across while teaching english are damn chim. Damn chim. I never saw such words when I was in sec1. That was in 1996 by the way.
I've no CCAs this sem. There was reluctance leaving ODAC after 1 year. But there's no choice, since I'll be going for SEP next sem.. and i'm really really looking forward to it. Can't wait to get out of the NUS semester-holiday-semester cycle.. so now it's going to be semester1-then holiday-then ANOTHER long holiday-then holiday-then semester1 again hahaha.
Also helped Sab and worked at Starlight Cinema as a helper recently. Made nice friends working there too. Though there's Lots of work to be done at the Padang daily for a total of about 10 days, it was another new experience and new experiences are always enjoyable.
Shit this is sounding very much like an essay... too much english tuition recently i think. Hope his english exam went well man.. hope he'll Pass. Don't wanna know that all my OT went to waste hahaha.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home